- What is the difference between the two models of Second Nature water filters?
- Our Each Sip filter improves the taste of your water by removing chlorine and odors.
- Our It Matters filter improves taste, too, but also removes a significant number of harmful contaminants from your water, making it safer to drink.
- How do I know if my water has harmful contaminants?
- Here are some helpful public resources that may help you assess your local water: https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/drinking/drinking-water-faq.html#what
- How often should I replace my water filter?
- Replace filters every 3 to 6 months. Our filters are designed to last up to 6 months. If you use your water/ice dispensers a great deal, or if the taste of your water starts to change after just a few months, consider a shorter interval.
What are these little black specks in my water?
Those specks are completely harmless flecks of loose carbon, and are commonplace in higher-quality carbon filters. Our filters are made up of natural carbon blocks from renewable coconut shells that bounce around in shipping and release these tiny granules that can end up in your first glass or two of water. That’s why it’s necessary to flush the filters out before you use them.Again, totally harmless, and not unheard of! Sometimes you’ll need to flush the system more than once, especially if you have scale or lime water.
- What contaminants does the It Matters filter catch?
Please sign in to leave a comment.