How do I reset that annoying little indicator light in my fridge?
Like everything else in this world, every manufacturer has their own “unique” way of doing things. We’ve included the instructions for the most common fridge brands below.
- Amana - push the Auto Light and Dispenser Lock buttons on the dispenser (simultaneously) and hold for 4 seconds until you see the filter status indicator light begin to flash. Once it flashes, release the buttons. Some Amana refrigerator models may require you to push and hold the Water and Dispenser Lock buttons for 4 seconds until you see the filter status indicator light begin to flash. Then, release the buttons.
- Electrolux and Frigidaire - push the reset button on the water dispenser and hold until you see the green light flash (this can take up to 15 seconds). GE and Hotpoint - press the Reset Water Filter button on the dispenser and hold for 3 seconds.
- Jenn-Air and Maytag - push the Lock and Light buttons on the dispenser (or Lock and Water on newer models) and hold for 4 seconds until you see the indicator light blink.
- KitchenAid and Whirlpool - push and release the light switch a total of 5 times within 10 seconds. If you see a Filter button on the refrigerator, push and hold this button for 5-10 seconds.
- LG - push the Reset button and hold it for 3 seconds.
- Samsung - push the Child Lock and Ice Type buttons at the same time and hold for 3 seconds. (Do not hold the buttons longer than 3 seconds. If the two buttons are held simultaneously for 5 seconds, the reset function will stop. In this case, let go of the buttons and repeat the procedure once more. The water filter indicator light will change to green.)