- Turn off the ice maker using the power switch.
- Press the filter release button adjacent to the old filter.
- Remove and discard the filter (don't worry, the water flow will shut off automatically).
- Locate the endcap (enclosed) that matches the style of the old filter. Attach the endcap by sliding the channels of the new filter into the grooves of the endcap.
- Push the new filter straight into the filter receiver until it clicks into place.
- Turn the power back on to the ice maker.
- Run the water dispenser for 5 minutes, flushing the system and purging any air from the new filter, and discard the water.
- Reset the refrigerator water filter indicator light, if equipped.