- Turn off the ice maker using the power switch.
- Twist the old filter a quarter-turn counterclockwise.
- Gently pull the filter straight down and discard (don't worry, the water flow will shut off automatically).
- Push the new filter into the filter receiver until it stops.
- Twist the filter a quarter-turn clockwise.
- Turn the power back on to the ice maker.
- Run the water dispenser for 5 minutes, flushing the system and purging any air from the new filter, and discard the water.
- Reset the refrigerator water filter indicator light, if equipped.