- Turn off the ice maker using the power switch.
- Unlatch the plastic filter cover and let it swing down (so you can see the filter).
- Remove the old filter by slowly rotating counterclockwise, while gently pulling downward (don't worry, the water flow will shut off automatically).
- Position the new filter inside the filter receiver and slowly rotate the cartridge clockwise until it stops.
- Close the cartridge cover.
- Turn the power back on to the ice maker.
- Run the water dispenser for 5 minutes, flushing the system and purging any air from the new filter, and discard the water.
- Reset the refrigerator water filter indicator light, if equipped.