- Turn off the ice maker using the power switch.
- Open the filter housing by pressing the push button and pull the cover downward.
- Gently pull the filter downward until it releases and comes out (don't worry, the water flow will shut off automatically).
- Align the tabs on the side of the new filter with the housing and firmly push the new cartridge into the filter receiver until it stops.
- Push the cover until it clicks into place.
- Turn the power back on to the ice maker.
- Run the water dispenser for 5 minutes, flushing the system and purging any air from the new filter, and discard the water.
- Reset the refrigerator water filter indicator light, if equipped.